Yes if you are a client of mine you already know what this is because I always teach this as the first step to communicating with your pets… But for the rest of I’ll explain. The I LOVE YOU Signal. Is when your CAT or DOG says I LOVE YOU in their language. I always joke when I start working with a new client that I’m going to teach you to speak CAT or DOG depending on which pet you have.
Think about it in this great big world isn’t the main goal of everyone to be understood? And when you feel you are being heard and understood don’t you feel and behave better? Of course you do! Well the same goes for our pets, and the bonus is when you communicate better with your pets they will respond better to you & what you are teaching them, because they will want to and the best part of it is they will trust you.
What I’m talking about is how to successfully communicate to your pet in their language. When you learn to do this properly your pet will always respond back to you because they know exactly what you are saying. It’s so COOOOOL! By doing this you will deepen the already awesome bond most of you have with your pets.
Think of it this way if you were to start studying a foreign language and then travel to that country and begin practicing with the locals. When they start to communicate back to you even if you are a little rusty and haven’t perfected it yet, you’ll see them smiling because they understand you and love your effort of trying. It creates a bond with those individuals, not to mention the sheer joy of the experience and then you want to do it more.
The same goes for your pets. When they know you understand them they begin to communicate more with you. Now even though this is fun… & it is by the way, it is also incredibly important for the safety of your pets. The deeper the bond you have with your pets on all levels not just loving them (most of you already have that down) the quicker they will communicate with you because they trust you and are confident you understand them.
This is important for safety reasons also. Most animals when they are in pain, afraid etc. separate from their humans, it is their instinct as animals. Did you know even when most animals are getting ready to die, they usually sense it and will try to separate and go hide? When you open the channels of communication with your pets it changes their very nature and they begin to include you in ways that they normally wouldn’t.
Also God forbid if there is a disaster of some sort, you want to have the confidence when you call your pet and they hear your voice that they will come to you. In most cases especially if it’s a cat they will hide and not come out to you. You want to establish a level of trust with your pets that when they hear you call them they will respond to your voice above any chaos around them and and come to you.
So let’s start to practice this simple, yet very efficient way to communicate love to you pets without touching them.
For a CAT
1. To begin timing is everything wait for a time when your CAT is calm and chilling but not asleep. Do not do this is your CAT is in play or hyper mode.
2. Set the environment with some very calm music playing on low not a high volume.
3. Approach your CAT slowly about 2 to 3 feet away at eye level (DO NOT SPEAK) this is about your body language and it’s a little spiritual.
4. Next do 2 to 3 gentle kissing noises slightly smiling at your CAT looking directly into their eyes.
5. While doing this be thinking & focused in your mind the thought I LOVE YOU and make your breath slow and even.
6. When your CAT begins to look at you begin to slowly close your eyes and then open while looking directly at your CAT. Still say nothing here.
7. Repeat again, keeping the blinking slow focused on your CAT. What you’re looking for is for your CAT to respond back to you with a slow blink in one or both eyes. You may even get a purring session from them. This means you’ve done it correctly.
8. This is the first step of laying the foundation of communicating the I LOVE SIGNAL in Kitty language. Did you know when you are doing this you are releasing endorphins in your CAT? Yep that’s exactly what’s going on, and when you get really good at this your CAT may begin to Kitty chirp and speak to you and come over to you for some extra loving.
1. Again timing is everything. Wait for the time when your DOG is chilling but not asleep.
2. Set the environment with some soft, slow, music playing on a low volume in the background.
3. Approach your DOG slowly about 2 to 3 feet away at eye level (DO NOT SPEAK) this is about your body language and it’s a little spiritual.
4. Next begin to do a couple of soft kissing noises then stop looking directly at your DOG directly into his eyes. Be thinking & focused in your mind I LOVE YOU with a slight smile on your lips. At this point you will start to see his tail begin to slowly wag at the tip.
5. Next do a couple more kissing noises looking into your DOGS eye (Make sure they are looking at you) at the same time begin to very slowly tilt your head very slowly from side to side (like they do at you when they are trying to figure something out).
6. Repeat #5 again. What you’re looking for is your DOG to begin softly gaze back at you with wide eyes, their ears begin to go backward softly, tail wagging slowly at the tip and then they will begin to come over to you for affection and to lick you.
7. This means you have done the I LOVE YOU SIGNAL successfully.
8. This is the first step of laying the foundation of communicating the I LOVE SIGNAL in Doggie language. Did you know when you are doing this you are releasing endorphins in your DOG? Yep that’s exactly what’s going on, and when you get really good at this your DOG will immediately come over to you for some extra loving without you ever having to say a word.
I’d love to hear about your results of practicing this with your furry family members. 7 of course you can share your video’s if you like.
Are you interested in learning more communication goodies of how to communicate with your pets? I’ve got loads of more ways to communicate successfully with your pets up my sleeves.
Call and sign up for your very own in-home pet session or SKYPE pet session today (310) 743-9643
As always REMEMBER PETS RULE!